Monday, September 17, 2012

Little Mister and the First Day

Little Mister, at the Science Museum in the middle of the
day, in the middle of the week. I will really miss that.

I woke up last night at 1:00 a.m..

I had been alternately looking forward to and dreading today. Today is the first day of school ever, for my youngest child. Aka “Little Mister.”

He has been my companion during the day for five and a half years. His little tugs on my shirt, his out-of-the-blue hugs, his “just one more book before nap” days of being my exclusive little buddy have come and gone. So have our Tuesday morning trips to the Zoo, the park, wherever we wanted to go.

He has never seen the inside of a day care. He has only seen me.

Yes, I have unfinished projects I will be working on this year, now that all four of my kiddos are in school. I will volunteer more at the school too. I'm writing a book. Ect, ect, ect.

But I will forever cherish the “toddler years.” Being a Mommy is the Best. Thing. Ever.